September 30, 2009

MY OBSESSION! BRONZER


* photo courtesy of www.fashionmagazine.com

If you know me, you know that I am obsessed with makeup but in particular I LOVE using bronzer/highlighter to illuminate the skin. Bronzer comes in so many forms - whether cream, liquid, powder, even mousse...there is a perfect match for everyone.

Most days I layer a combination of bronzing/illuminating products to create a long-lasting glow to my skin. One of my absolute favorite products is MAC Colour Cream Base in "Bronze" .  I use it as highlighter on top of my cheekbones and sometimes on my eyelids as base for my powder eye shadow.  Unfortunately the color is currently discontinued at MAC so I had to go hunting for it on eBay.  I also found a replacement for it in Mak Up For Ever Diamond Cream - Face & Body Irridescent Cream in "#6/Copper".  Years ago I used to wear a product from Shu Uemura called Base Control in "Bronze".  When using cream or liquid bronzer/highlighter I usually top it with a powder bronzer like Cargo's Powder Bronzer in "Dark"  or MAC Iridescent Loose Powder in "Golden Bronze" to set the cream and to further enhance the gorgeous deep golden-bronze color.

On rich, chocolate skin like mine a warm bronze or coppery  color is just lovely but most women can get away with wearing gold...just make it tone appropriate.  So if you're a pale blonde or redhead you would want to wear a pale yellow gold but if you have alot more pigment in your skin you would use a warmer, richer shade of gold.  Some examples of great colors to use as bronzer/highlighter are:



M.A.C. Colour Cream Base - "Bronze" pictured but you can try "Improper Copper"  ($16.50)



Three Custom Color - Mood Lighting Shimmer Cremes in "Afterglow" – A pearlescent champagne with flecks of gold and violet and "On Fire"– A bronzed shimmer with a swirl of opalescence. ($20.50)


Physicians Formula - Summer Eclipse® Bronzing & Shimmery Face Powder in "Starlight/Medium Bronzer" ($12.95)


Sally Hansen - Natural Beauty inspired by Carmindy: Sun Glow Powder Bronzer in "Summer" ($12.99)


Youngblood Cosmetics - Mineral Radiance in "Sundance" ($39)

Truly fabulous in summer but beautiful all year round I'm a huge fan of bronzer.  Try it for yourself and you'll see what I mean.  And if you need help with figuring how to use bronzer check out my earlier blog post "Bronzer Makeup Tutorial".  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment