March 19, 2010

PRODUCT REVIEW: Maybelline New York - Lash Stiletto Mascara

Today we have a guest blogger  -- none other than my sister Michelle!  Michelle's a former plus-size model and has been the beneficiary of my makeup obsession for many years.  She agreed to try out Maybelline New York Lash Stiletto Ultimate Length Mascara and tell us her thoughts.  Without further ado, here's Michelle's Review:

First, I must admit that I find it rather ironic that a person who didn't own a tube of mascara until Sophomore year of college is writing a beauty review!  Having said that, somewhere along the way between my forays into modeling in New York and searching for that perfect "no makeup" makeup look, I became more than qualified.  When my sister Karen and I were combing through her makeup stash (as call it) I systematically gave my two-cents about several products so she suggested that I share my non-professional opinion!

I wore the Lash Stiletto Mascara for a few weeks, replacing my usual Maybelline The Colossal Volum' Express Mascara, and here's the thing.  While I don't think it will win any awards for makeup product of the year, the Lash Stiletto in my opinion is a pretty good mascara.  I found that it definitely gives the appearance of length and achieves desired results in about 2 coats so its claim to give you "stiletto-esque length for your lashes" is fair enough.  Now for the "but"...while it achieves a nice lengthening effect, in my opinion it doesn't do a tremendous job increasing thickness.  I personally found that even when I applied 2-3 coats it didn't give me that va-va-va-voom look the models in their ad sported.  I did notice however that even with multiple coats, it didn't really clump together which is always a plus when trying to avoid looking cartoonish.

Oddly enough, this has found itself in my rotation of everyday mascara because with a neutral face it gives me a little bit of drama for my eyes without looking like I am in "full-face".  The bottom line, Maybelline's Lash Stilleto Mascara is a decent drugstore mascara even if  it doesn't live up to all the hype.

1 comment: