December 1, 2009

PRODUCT REVIEW: YU-BE SKINCARE




Yu-Be is yet another cosmetic/skincare company I've become acquainted with thanks to the social media technology of Twitter. I had seen Yu-Be product listed on Sephora.com but I'd never seen it in their retail stores.  Fortunately I decided to take a chance and reach out to the company in cyber space. Now I understand the reason why Yu-Be products have been a "soft skin secret" in Japan for 50 years. This stuff is awesome!!!




If you suffer from dry dehydrated skin, especially in the cold winter months, then you are in luck. Yu-Be Moisturizing Skin Cream is indeed a skin saviour!  Discovered in 1957 by a young pharmacist named Yoshikiyo Nowatari, it is one of the longest-selling skin care products in Japan. It's a glycerin based moisturizer enriched with vitamins E, C, B² and camphor. It's safe and effective for all areas of your skin that get dry - face, feet, lips, etc. It can even be used on children.

With the change in season my skin always acts a bit weird - super dry and flaky in places but at times oily in the t-zone.  Yu-Be Moisturizing Skin Cream quickly hydrated my skin but didn't leave it feeling or looking greasy, just perfectly moisturized. The product easily absorbed into my skin and even helped my foundation glide on smoothly. Yu-Be Moisturizing Skin Cream does have a medicinal, camphor smell upon application but it quickly disappears.

I also tried Yu-Be's Lip Therapy, Body Soothing Lotion and Foaming Skin Polish with the same excellent results.  All the Yu-Be products are all-natural and have the same vitamin E and camphor enriched base.  I'm so glad that Yu-Be skincare products are no longer a Japanese secret!

Moisturizing Skin Cream



Moisturizing Body Lotion


Lip Therapy



Foaming Skin Polish




And you don't have to take my word for it, you can go to the Yu-Be website to request 3 FREE samples of their products. How awesome is that!!!

* Product samples received from Yu-Be for review.

2 comments:

  1. I love YuBe! I've been using it for years. The moisturizer is excellent for winter. I used it when I was climbing Fox glacier in New Zealand 2 years ago. No chapping or dryness.

    So glad to hear you're a fan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello IMM,
    Thanks for the comments about Yu-Be!
    We would love to hear more about your Fox Glacier experience with Yu-Be if you care to share it with us.
    Feel free to contact us at info@yu-be.com to my attention. (Matthew G.)
    Thanks again and all the best!

    ReplyDelete