August 22, 2009

PRODUCT REVIEW - NARS Fall 2009 Collection

Last month I wrote a article previewing NARS Fall 2009 makeup collection. I promised that I would create a follow-up posting that featured a makeup look using products from Nars' new collection and here it is!
I made a trip to Sephora in the new J.C. Penney's inside the Manhattan Mall to preview the NARS products before purchasing them online. It's very hard to tell true colors and textures just by viewing images on a computer. As a Makeup Artist I need to see, touch and smell products before purchasing them so I avoid buyers regret or don't buy duplicate products. (I can't tell you how many times I've brought products that were almost identical.)

As part of my makeup look I used the following products from NARS Fall 2009 collection "Brumes Duo Eyeshadow", "Fast Ride" Lipstick, and "Tokaïdo Express" Nail Polish. I also used some standard products from the NARS line to complete my Fall Beauty Makeup Look:

"Montenegro" Cream Blush ($25) - Mahogany

"Palm Beach" Multiple ($37) - Rich Bronze

"Black Moon" Eyeliner Pencil ($20) - Dense Black

"New Orleans" Firming Foundation ($50) - for medium to dark complexions with yellow undertones

I also tried NARS Larger Than Life Volumizing Mascara in "Black" ($25) * Sephora Exclusive!!!


Here's my finished Fall Makeup Look....


Outside pics (low flash):

My favorite from the NARS Fall 2009 collection was the “Brumes Duo Eyeshadow” but the grey color shadow was duplicate for eye shadows I already own so I passed on buying it. The "Fast Ride" lipstick was more of a stain and if I’m going to wear lipstick I want lots of pigment. The "Tokaïdo Express" Nail Polish was nice too but once again, it was too close to shade I already own. Unfortunately I didn’t purchase anything from this collection but NARS still remains one of my favorite cosmetic lines. I can’t wait to see what products/colors NARS come out with next.

So what do you think? Any of you Readers purchased products from the NARS Fall 2009 Collection? If so, take a pic featuring your purchased product(s) and send to me via email. If I get enough response I'll create Reader's blog post with pics.



* Want more info about this collection, then check out "Behind the Collection with Francois Nars" for all the juicy details. http://www.narscosmetics.com/Behindfall2009Collection.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment