June 29, 2010

PRODUCT OF THE WEEK - Jao Goe Oil


I was lucky enough to try a sample of Jao Goe Oil at The Makeup Show in New York about 2 years ago. I was already a big fan of their Jao Hand Refresher, but I totally fell in love with this product. I can't tell you how happy I was when I was finally able to purchase it! I like it even better than *gasp* Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream and that's saying alot!

Jao Goe Oil is a combination of 28 plant fruit and flower oils and butters. Lightly scented with Monoi from Tahiti it quickly melts into the skin leaving it feeling super soft and smooth. Lighter than a typical body butter, longer lasting than a moisturizer, Joe Oil is formulated with a high percentage of Jojoba oil which is not technically an oil. Jojoboa Oil is a polyunsaturated liquid wax which is similar to sebum. And as you may or may not know, sebum is secreted by the human sebaceous glands to lubricate and protect the skin and hair (your own natural moisturizer).  No wonder this stuff is so fantastic!

Jao Goe Oil  unique formulation includes Rosehip, Hemp, Meadowfoam, and Rice Bran oils which are all high in omega and essential fatty acids. Avocado, Grapeseed, Mango and Pumpkin Seed butters which are rich in vitamins A, E, C, B, G, and Beta Carotene. Kukuinut oil to protect the skin. And Chamomile and Calendula which are excellent for calming irritated skin.

Here are some uses I found for Jao Goe Oil:
  • soften cuticles, smooth dry feet and rough heels
  • soothes bug bites and burns (at least it did for me)
  • hand and body massage oil
  • hair styling aid to tame flyaways and add lustre
  • post-shaving to soothe legs and/or bikini area
  • eye make up remover
  • moisturize chapped nose due to cold or allergies
  • moisturizer for all over the body post shower
In the summer I keep my Jao Goe Oil in the refrigerator because it liquiefies in warmer temperatures. When I squeeze the tube it comes out like a paste which let's me better control the amount of product I'm using but it melts effortlessly into the skin. So yummy! I also recommend checking out their new Jao Sumer Survival Supplies kit.  It's awesome!!!

2 comments:

  1. You've convinced me, it's in my cart and I'll be checking out in a moment. Thanks you for the review I know it's been a deal maker for me.
    -Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it's wonderful stuff! Love it! Thanks. =)

    ReplyDelete