July 12, 2009

BE A BEACH BABE

Ok, I will admit it. I'm one of those women that wears makeup at the beach. I definitely don't think that you should wear your normal makeup to the beach...it looks a bit ridiculous if you're sporting a fully made-up face. However I feel naked without wearing some products. I've discovered the perfect mix of products to give me a soft, natural look that doesn't scream MAKEUP.


These products give my skin protection from the sun while making me look gorgeous but not too "made up" for the beach. The zinc sunscreen dries clear without leaving a white cast to my brown skin unlike some other sunscreens I've tried. The mineral powder foundation provides additional coverage from the sun while allowing my skin to breathe. I love how the Lip Tars gives my lips and cheeks a flush of color that lasts. The mascara just finishes off the look - my eyes just disappear without mascara. Even though this isn't a waterproof formula mascara I had no smudging or running but I have to admit I didn't go swimming.

Me lounging in my beach chair at Long Beach in Long Island wearing my "natural" makeup look.

At home, 6 hours post-beach and my makeup is still looking pretty good. Only reapplied my lip color after drinking water and eating ices from Ralphs.

I'm curious to know if there are other women out there who also wear makeup to the beach...what are your favorite products?

1 comment: